Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Welcome to Boston


Well a rather uneventful Tuesday in Boston. Some final pre-op tests for my dad, who will be admitted on Wednesday and is scheduled for surgery late Thursday morning.

My parents went to Sunday's Red Sox game at Fenway Park... Didn't quite last all 17 innings, but seemed to appreciate the time to get away from the doctors here.

We did find a way to take over the hotel pool upon visiting with Grandpa. We're fortunate, not only to have plenty of support here with my dad, but back in Chicago -- as Rick and Keara are preparing for their first child -- Disney World, where I know, my dad would rather be (motivation for rehab will be the trip we have scheduled for October -- and, of course, with all the friends and familly back home in West Michigan.

We all are grateful for the friends, family and support that we have been blessed with.

As we move forward, please mark this blogspot and follow along with the progress of my dad as he recovers from this surgery. Facebook is fine, however, this provides an opportunity to get more into detail and provide comments to my dad that he can look at himself -- until he breaks down and gets a facebook account.

Please share your thoughts and prayers here.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Ron, there hasn't been a day that's gone by that I haven't lifted you up in prayer. I am trusting God to rock your world with a successful surgery and a rapid recovery.