Friday, May 11, 2012

Staying strong

It truly is amazing when your will and hope is tested the most, only then are you able to sit back and realize how truly blessed we all really are.

The news about my father today was disheartening and not the route that we expected to take, however, throughout this entire process -- stretching back even into last December -- we are able to witness the friendship, support and love that our family, friends and the entire Wolf Lake, Oakridge community has been gracious enough to provide us with that courage to get through another day.

And, that's a good thing -- because we will be asking for more. It's tough to seemingly monopolize the prayer chain this week, but I do have ALL those whom are suffering -- physically, emotionally, financially -- in my own thoughts and prayers as we continue to trudge forward.

Not really any news to report since we first heard from the surgeon yesterday. My dad did wake up about 1 a.m. on his own and was able to nod, hold onto my mothers' hand and confirmed he wasn't in any pain for the 40 minutes we were able to see him. There was even a noticeable grin, when we told him he had to fight through this recovery process in order to get back home and watch the grandkids' softball, soccer games and to be able to hold baby Ethan.

They are expected to begin stripping the tubes from him earlier today and taking him off the ventilator at that time too. Hopefully, today, we will learn more about the chemo process and trying to find a way to shrink this mesothelioma tumor and try the surgery again in the future.

I know my mom appreciates the love and support and I wish we were able to share our thanks individually with each and every person -- but, I'm guessing that's not going to be possible. However, the care and support shows the number of lives my parents have touched and the respect all of you have treated my family in this time of need.






4 comments:

Barb Black said...

MANY MANY hugs to each of you.
Be strong together!

"Isaiah 41:13 "For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

Philippians:4:4-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Melissa Olson said...

I have and will continue to pray for His will and Grace to be seen and done! We are all here for you and your family and your children and grandchildren. Please know you are loved and respected, Ron.....now and always!

Linda Francisco said...

Know that continued thoughts and prayers are being said for Ron and the entire family. Thank you so much for keeping us all informed and will continue to follow his blog.

Classmates from Oakridge
Jim and Linda Francisco

Lee Whipple said...

Ron and I share the same birthday but little did we know back in high school that we would someday share the same family. I admired him then and even more so today. Fight hard my friend we still have a long way to go:):)