Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sorry about the delay... but all is well

From my parents first visit to Boston in March.
Just 12 hours after the surgery. 
It was a rough morning for my dad on Friday -- learning that they couldn't complete the surgery -- however, through it all he remained strong, even smiling and not worrying the grandkids at all.

Sorry, I haven't posted anything today -- for those of you whom may be checking in. We are trying to do our best to enjoy the rest of our trip here to Boston ... and even may try to pry my mother away from the hospital at some point. And I had to post another link, only because McKenna's blog is up to about 10 views (I don't think she should count the 10 times she refreshed her browser, though)


Many of us were able to take in the Red Sox game Thursday night at Fenway Park, we walked a bit of the Freedom Trail, and Erica, I and the girls had dinner at the original Bull and Finch bar -- which sparked the Cheers sitcom.

My father was in a bit more pain today as they weened him off the medication, however, he was up and walking before noon and moved out intensive care by 3 p.m. He was comfortably sleeping early tonight -- which was good because it allowed my mom to finally get a decent night of sleep as well. 

Haven't talked much more of what's to come, that will be handled as we move past the weekend. Guessing they will remain here in Boston for a short period and see how things progress moving forward.

I will try to post more Saturday, but here are a few photos from Boston.

No comments: