Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The perfect distraction...



After being told to get plenty of rest for Thursday's surgery, my dad was up late last night celebrating the birth of his 22nd grandkid.

Ricky and Keara gave birth to Ethan James late, late last night (2:25 a.m. -- I'm guessing that's Chicago time). And, of course, my mother was up on skype to take part of it all.

Ron was admitted this afternoon and had plenty of visitors heading into tomorrow's surgery. By the sounds of things, he will be moved down about 9 a.m. -- and the surgery is scheduled for 11:30-ish. Not positive how long the surgery is expected to last, but we were pretty much told it would be multiple hours.

As soon as we hear anything tomorrow... we all will be passing it along.

It's kind of late notice, but I know many people already are planning on wearing the blue shirts support my dad on Thursday... Even if you don't have one, wear royal blue just to show support and let people know, when/if they ask, why. The more people that have my dad in their mind, thoughts and prayers can only help.

7 comments:

angiewhip said...

Will be wearing our "Believe" shirts tomorrow! Prayers with the family! xoxo

Christine Cavalier said...

You are in our prayers Ron & family I know God is watching over you.

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

We're all wearing our shirts today!

Jennifer said...

Thinking of Ron and your family today..... you will be in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Don, Jennifer & DJ Bowen

Tia said...

I'm in constant prayer for Ron, the family and the entire medical team as they work today. Isaiah 41:13 says "For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."
Praying that your hearts will be open to God's loving and strengthening presence.
Tia Peterson

Rikki Boorman said...

Sending love and prayers! The Upper Elementary is a sea of royal blue today.